Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Recycled Bedboard Shelf

 Well, we got a new tv and got rid of our old entertainment stand........

        ...... we had a bare spot above our television because our tv stand is smaller than our last one so.......... a picture ?   .......a shelf ?
    .......   I went to Home Depot and Lowe's and Walmart..... and I looked all over online for a shelf.....       I couldn't find one that I liked....    They just didn't have enough character. 

        So I started looking around the barn.... and garage....... and my husband's stack of old boards, even old pallets that he has out there........ 

                    And....... way under a stack of boards next to our old shed and under the snow, I saw it!!! .................

             It used to be part of our old waterbed. It was of course all wet and icky looking ...... yet I thought,     ........it had potential   ....character   .....possibly even charm...

       
     So,   I brought it in.... cut off the bad wood....washed 
it and let it dry.   I went back to Home Depot and bought 
some white brackets......and hung it.    I decorated it for Christmas.........................


And this is how it looks right now.....




 I really like it!!
                              blessings,   Annabell  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message.....