Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Black Bean Salad

I make this about once a month and it is delicious!  So fresh and crunchy.  We use those scoop tortilla chips to eat it.  It is so fast and easy to make.  I keep black beans on hand in case we get company, I can make this in a hurry, I usually have the other things on hand.

BLACK BEAN SALAD~~~

2-3 cans black beans rinsed and drained (depending on how much you want to make)
1 vidalia (or other sweet) onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 red or yellow or orange pepper, diced
2 ears fresh raw corn, cut from cob  OR 1 cup frozen small kernel yellow or white corn
2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped or pickled jalapeno, chopped
2-3 Tbsp. any salsa, jarred or canned or pico de gallo
Optional:  You can add any other beans, kidney, red, pinto, chopped olives, hot banana peppers, chopped celery, etc.  The fresher the vegetables, the fresher the salad will taste. You can add more of one thing (i.e. if you like more peppers, add more), these aren't exact measurements.

For the dressing:
Whisk together 4 Tbsp. canola oil,  2 Tbsp. lime juice (or lemon), 1 Tbsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black  pepper, 2 cloves garlic minced,  1/4 c. cilantro chopped fine.  Pour over salad and mix lightly. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.  Refrigerate for at least an hour.  Mix again just before serving.

                    Would you like a bite?  ?  ?  Or two ?  ?


           I am going to the family room to watch a movie......


         How about with a chip?  Mmmm. Delicious!  And healthy. And so fresh!!





        Now, we just need some iced tea to go with it.........   or lemonade...

          I could eat this entire bowl myself. ...  I really could...........haha...

                     But I will share it.... with my family....

         I hope you had a wonderful day!!            
                                                                             ~~Blessings to you,  Annabell  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message.....