Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Grand Opening......(door redo)

Hi everyone!  

How have you been?  Me?  I am on vacation from work and my daughter and I have been travelling all over our gorgeous state.  We have been to the Cherry Festival in Traverse City, fireworks everywhere, the lake, dining all over the place, shopping, visiting quilt shops and junk shops and have been having a wonderful time.  
Mr. Maple and our son, J. have been sailing the North Channel of Lake Huron , all over Manitoulin Island and Canada for two weeks.  They have been going since J. was 3 years old.  He's 22 now. They have been through 3 different sailboats, each one getting bigger over the years.  It's something they do together, so us girls stay on dry land.  We used to go as a family when the kids were all younger but our big sailboat became such a burden to keep, we downsized and just the guys go.

We have been working on a few things around the house too.  I have these horrible UUUGGLYYY brown doors everywhere.  I have been wanting to do something to them like get out the ax,   light a match
 trim them out and paint them and we finally did it.  Wanna see!!!!???   Look at this lovely....

  
  
And here is the BEFORE......  ( I still need to paint the trim this creamy white!)






 I also have a tray that I found awhile ago that was in bad shape so I painted it and added the number.
(I chose 9 because I have 9 grandkids, :)  )


I just think it looks SSOOoo  much better, don't you?  :)



And I had a wire wreath form that I got for 50c at a thrift store so I made a burlap wreath.



I put in some crocheted trim and a linen bow that i also had found on clearance.   :)





That's all for now.

                  Blessings to you  ~~Annabell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message.....